Join us June 30th-July 5th, 2020 for Surf Camp! Forest Home Ojai Valley is excited to present our Christian Surf Camp. We combine the great sport of surfing with an encouraging, faith-building, summer camp experience. Home base is the Forest Home Ojai Valley Christian Camp and Conference Center, located just 15 minutes from Ventura, Ca, and several great surf spots.
The Surf Camp is open to both boys and girls grades 9-12 and is designed to accommodate beginner through advanced surfers. The goal of the camp is to create space to:
- Build relationships
- Experience encouragement
- Be challenged
- Grow in your relationship with God
Register for Summer 2020 today!
Our instructors have taught over 500 students each, led over 30 surf camps, and have a combined experience of 55 years.
We will have male and female instructors at this camp.
Camp cost is $775 before 12/31/19, $875 if paid after 12/31/19 – Special First Time Camper Discount of $100 off before 4/30/20.
ALSO, refer a friend and get an additional $100 off. Refer 7 friends and you come for free!
Space is Limited.
June 30th- July 5th, 2020
- Day 1 Arrive, unpack, enjoy dinner, large group game, session one, camp fire, lights out.
- Day 2, 3, 4, 5 Early breakfast, early to beach, surf all morning, lunch back at camp, session two, free time, dinner, evening recreation (zip lines, rock wall, pool, archery, archery tag, reflection time, lights out.
- Day 6 Pack up, enjoy breakfast, final session, free time, depart.
$775 before 12/31/19, $875 if paid after 12/31/19 – Special First Time Camper Discount of $100 off before 4/30/20. ALSO, refer a friend and get an additional $100 off. Refer 7 friends and you come for free! – Space is Limited – The cost of camp includes: Climate controlled cabins, 3 daily meals, daily surfing instruction, use of all surfing equipment, recreation equipment and transportation.
Our hope is to give every interested student an opportunity to attend the Christian Beach/Surf Camp. Please go to our Scholarships Request Form to see how you can receive a scholarship for camp.
There are no refunds within 60 days of the start of surf camp. If you need to cancel because of a medical emergency, a signed doctors note is required to access your refunds. If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please call our office at (805)715-6060, then press 1.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
Check-In on the first day of camp is 3pm and Check-Out on the last day is 1:30. Camp Check-In and drop off will be take place in the large lower parking lot located at:
655 Burnham Road
Oak View, Ca 93022
655 Burnham Road
Oak View, CA 93022
We are easy to find. The large lower parking lot is located directly across the street from a horse boarding facility. If you pass it, you have gone too far.
We take safety very seriously at our surf camps. Lifeguards monitor the beaches where we surf each day. Students will wear bright rash guards, visible and identifiable with the group. The student to counselor ratio is 8:1. All beginners will use high quality, soft boards and surf in shallow water. Our instructors have taught over 500 students each, led over 30 surf camps, and have a combined experience of 55 years. Each instructor will have a spotter on shore watching the student. We will have two female instructors.
For those campers who will be flying in to LAX, our representative will be waiting for the students at the baggage claim and if necessary, will check the student in as they fly back home.
Special travel requests are welcome. We recommend that you fly into LAX International Airport, arriving on the first day of camp between the times of 1pm and 4pm and departing on the last day of camp around 3pm. Please submit your student’s flight information to the email below with the subject heading as demonstrated.
ATTENTION NIKKI – CAMPER TRAVEL INFORMATION
Our campers will be staying in comfortable air-conditioned cabins with a private bathroom and shower. Campers will be paired by gender, boys with boys, and girls with girls with the ratio of 1 counselor to every 8 students.
We will have special guest and pro surfer Damien Hobgood joining us as well as Bryan Jennings, pro surfer and founder of Walking on Water surf ministry!
The ocean is usually warm enough to wear a bathing suit. However, we do recommend that you bring a wetsuit if you have one. We do have some wetsuits that you can use at no additional cost. We also highly recommend the use of under armor style compression shorts for the fellas, for both under the wet suite or under board shorts. It helps prevent chaffing. If chaffing occurs early in the week, it can negatively impact a camper’s experience. A heavier cloth pair of lycra-type underwear will prevent this. The use of a beginner surfboard is also included in the cost of camp. Our surfboards are soft beginner boards that are great for learning. Please do not bring your own surfboard if you are a beginner. Hard surfboards are not good and/or safe for learning. If you are an intermediate or advanced surfer, you are free to bring your own surfboard.
Here are a list of the things you will need for your Surf Camp!
- Surfboard, wax & leash (only if you have one. Not Mandatory)
- Wetsuit (if you have one. Not Mandatory)
- Sleeping bag
- Alarm Clock
- Spending money for snack bar
- Bath Towel
- Beach towels
- Sunglasses/Chapstick/We provide organic biodegradable, zinc-oxide sun bloc, that stays on well in water.
- Shorts and T-Shirts
- Warmer clothes for night (it cools off a bit at night)
- Swimsuit (Girls must wear one piece or tankini or if they have a two piece must wear a shirt or rash guard over it.)
- Notebook = a good journal for campers, encouraging them to physically write down words/thoughts on paper rather than if they were to make the effort via typing or speaking into their device.
- Under-armor-styled compression shorts for fellas. For the guys, chaffing is a common reaction to salt water and friction of clothing. Same goes for under a fella’s board shorts (the term often referred by surfers to their swim suit). We recommend an under-armor-type protection layer under the board-shorts also, even if they wear wet-suits while in the water. They will eventually get out, shed the wet-suits, and enjoy beach activities.
- Flash/light or headlamp = again, something other than the encouragement of using one’s device as a flashlight.