We get it. Your college-student has a lot of summer opportunities to navigate. From studying abroad to internships and trying to find a seasonal position, summers in-between academic semesters are ripe with opportunities. But, did you know according to a recent study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers that “unpaid internships offer no advantage to the job-seeking student.” That same study concludes that internships differ by company and most don’t offer students the real-world experience they need to thrive upon completing their college education.
So, what opportunity will your college-student pursue this summer? At Forest Home we provide a variety of paid internship summer opportunities for college students like yours. We’ve compiled list of reasons why applying for a paid internship at Forest Home this summer could be both an opportunity for professional growth, and an adventure of self-discovery.
- Team Work. Summer Staff spend the whole summer not only working together, but living and growing together spiritually. We provide opportunity for students to get to know members of their team on level beyond “co-worker” and help them navigate how to work with different people towards a common goal.
- Responsibility. Our summer staffers are in-charge of a variety activities that make our summer programs run smoothly. From exercising culinary creativity in making tasty meals for gluten-free guests to counseling a cabin full of rambunctious junior-highers, our summer staffers ensure quality and safety for each program we provide.
- Leadership. We provide training and mentorship throughout the summer to help your student develop as a leader. We give students opportunities to lead activities, direct other staff members, campers, and guests in a variety of activities, devotionals, and more.
- Initiative. Summer Staffers are given opportunities to take initiative, learn how to be self-directed, problem solve, and when to seek help from a direct supervisor in their various roles.
- Dedication. Summer Staff opportunities at Forest Home are not a 9-5 job. As a ministry, our Summer Staff maintain a joyful enthusiasm and a heart to serve week after week of providing exceptional service to our campers and guests.
To see what types of paid positions we have available for Summer Staff 2018 go to www.foresthome.org/summer-staff