In the Old Testament, we are reminded of God’s promise to Joshua and the Israelites as they prepared to enter the land of Canaan in Joshua 1:9 — that before we even began our Dream Big initiative, just as the Lord went before Israel, the Lord went before Forest Home.
At Forest Home, partnering with the local church is central to our ministry. We interviewed countless churches, received feedback and that drove the vision for our Dream Big projects. With the overwhelming support from our giving partners, we were able to:
- Create a Neighborhood Day Camp program, where we bring Forest Home to suburban and inner city communities and execute week long camps, reaching kids with the Gospel in their backyard.
- Add brand new housing at The Village with our one-of-a-kind Yurts that can sleep 8-10 campers comfortably.
- Build a brand new Aquatic Center to Forest Center that each camp can enjoy for recreation and free time that features a 163,000 gallon heated pool and splash pad.
- Expand our high adventure recreation activities to include a Giant Swing where up to three people can swing from a 35 foot drop.
- Lake Mears now features two, new 100ft water slides where guests and campers can enjoy careening into the lake at high speeds.
- We also made updates and improvements to meeting rooms and lodging at Forest Center, Creekside, and Lakeview.
Cedar Ridge is the last and final campaign of Dream Big and features 28, fully furnished hotel, suite-style rooms with kitchenettes, private bathrooms, and temperature-controlled units.
Through the over $20M dollars in gifts that have been raised by our faithful ministry partners in the Dream Big Campaign, countless families, campers and guests will sit with counselors, loved ones and peers and have conversations about the power of the Gospel and how Christ in working their lives.
Just as God told Joshua to be brave, for the Lord would be with Him, we know the Lord is with us, and we will bravely move forward with God’s call on Forest Home to partner with churches and connect with guests and campers, — providing Christ-centered experiences for each person to hear the Gospel and God’s calling into the greatest purpose each of us could ever know.
Cedar Ridge is just the beginning. Forest Home will continue to courageously follow God’s calling for our ministry. Join us.