WHAT IS THE ALTITUDE AT FOREST HOME?
Our San Bernardino Mountain site (Forest Falls, CA) averages about 5,280 feet (a mile high). Our Ojai Valley site (Oak View, CA) is at about 730 feet.
HOW’S THE WEATHER AT CAMP?
Due to the mountain climate of our San Bernardino Mountain site and the coastal desert climate of our Ojai Valley site, it is not unusual for temperatures to vary greatly over the course of a single day.
CLICK HERE for Mill Creek Canyon weather.
CLICK HERE for Ojai Valley weather.
WHAT IS MILL CREEK CANYON (MCC) AND WHAT IS OJAI VALLEY (OV)?
Forest Home owns two distinct properties in Southern California. Our Mill Creek Canyon site is located in Forest Falls, CA, in the San Bernardino Mountains. (Please see the “Camp Centers” question below.) Ojai Valley is located in Ventura County near the coast, in Oak View, CA, about 3 hours away from Mill Creek Canyon.
WHAT IS A CAMP CENTER?
A camp center is simply one of our seven areas of camp. At our Mill Creek Canyon in the San Bernardino Mountains, there are six distinct camp centers: Lakeview, Creekside, Forest Center, Adventure Mountain, The Village, and Woodlands. Our Ojai Valley site is both a “site” and a “camp center,” but there is just the one camp center at Ojai Valley, and we call it: Ojai Valley.
ARE YOUR FACILITIES ACCESSIBLE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES?
Our facilities are rugged and inherently connected to nature — we have rocks, tree debris, unpaved walkways and some steep vertical grades. That said, we do have some ability to accommodate people with disabilities and have many guests with disabilities each year. Our ability to properly accommodate varies quite a bit by camp center, so the best course of action is to speak with our staff about your particular needs. Please call 909.389.2300 for further information.
DO YOU OFFER TENT CAMPING OR RV HOOKUPS?
We do not offer standard camp sites where you bring your own portable tents. However, our Adventure Mountain camp center has platform tent accommodations. Limited RV hookups are available at both Mill Creek Canyon and Ojai Valley.
WHAT IS YOUR CELL PHONE POLICY?
Due to our commitment to providing guests with sanctuary and solitude, Forest Home is a cell-phone free destination for all children and youth. This means that we will continue to ask our young campers to leave all electronics (including cell-phones) at home. Adult guests are encouraged to limit their cell phone use to important family or business calls which cannot wait until returning home. At Forest Home, Verizon and Sprint are the only mobile services that deliver reception to Forest Falls. We ask all of our guests to join us in keeping our open/public areas cell-phone free.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE FOR CAMP? WHAT ABOUT BATHING SUITS?
Generally speaking you do not want to bring “dressy” clothes to most programs (although one nicer outfit is not a bad idea). Camp is a rugged environment and you will likely get dirty one way or another–especially your shoes. In general, our expectations for camp attire are driven by modesty, showing sensitivity to the concerns of others at camp. In our swimming areas, we ask that all females wear one-piece bathing suits (no bikinis or tankinis) and that guys stay away from revealing briefs or speedos. We also limit swimwear to appropriate areas only and ask that you wear a coverup to and from the pool or lake.
WHAT SHOULD I PACK?
You can find a packing list for camp under your specific camp program. Locate your program by going to the menu bar above, selecting your specific camp or retreat in the drop down menu, and then clicking on the program you are attending. A specific packing list for your retreat will be emailed to you two weeks prior. Please keep in mind that weather shifts can happen quite suddenly at either location, so always come prepared for hot/cold or wet/dry weather. Please familiarize yourself with the accommodations at each of our camping centers, as the linen provisions vary widely depending on your particular housing.
IS FOREST HOME AFFILIATED WITH ANY DENOMINATION?
No. Forest Home is an independent Christian organization with no denominational affiliation. Please see our Statement of Faith for our basic theological beliefs.
CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
We do recognize there may be dietary needs and allergy requirements. Our kitchens do not serve or store any products with nuts. If you have a specific dietary requirement or restriction, contact our Guest Dining department with your specifications (including peanut allergies) one week prior to your stay at 909-389-2271.
MY CHILD TAKES MEDICATION. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please see the SENDING MEDICATIONS TO CAMP form. If you still have questions, please contact Paula Buchan, RN Supervisor at 909-389-4326.
I DO NOT HAVE MY CHILD’S MEDICATION LABEL ANYMORE. WHAT CAN I DO?
Please have your pharmacy print you out a label or have you child’s doctor write the instructions and sign it. Then place it in a zip baggie with your child’s medications. All prescription and Over the Counter medication MUST be in its original container. Ca HSC.
MY CHILD’S DOSE HAS CHANGED SINCE WE HAD THE PRESCRIPTION FILLED. THE DOSING IS NO LONGER CORRECT. WHAT DO I DO?
You must have your doctor write and sign the new instructions with the correct dosing. You can then place the new doctor’s note/order in the zip baggie with your child’s medications. (OTC medications that are outside of the standard age and dosing must have a doctor’s note to dispense.)
WHY CAN’T I JUST WRITE A NOTE SAYING THE NEW DOSING?
Legally we must have a doctor’s order/note for any medication changes from the label. Ca. BRN, Ca. BPC
CAN MY CHILD GIVE THEIR OWN PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS OR OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATIONS THEMSELVES?
California safety regulations do not permit anyone under the age of 18 to store medications or self-administer medications with the exception: ALL “self-administered” ordered medications are done so with first aid supervision for safety, documentation and outcome purposes.
CAN MY CHILD CARRY THEIR INSULIN, INHALER OR EPI PEN ON THEM?
Diabetics carry their supplies (not insulin), Asthmatics carry their rescue inhaler (not their steroid inhaler), and Severe Allergic campers carry their epinephrine injector (not their Benadryl). Required forms must be filled out
WHO WILL BE SEEING MY CHILD’S MEDICAL CONSENT FORMS AND ALL THEIR INFORMATION?
The First-Aid team will be in control of the online forms. The forms are stored, compliant with HIPAA law on a secure server. Only those persons who are deemed necessary to view your child’s medical forms will have access. i.e. First-Aid, Urgent Care, Emergency Room.
If you are coming as a group or church, the group leader as well has access to the forms.
WE DO NOT IMMUNIZE OUR CHILDREN, but you want me to sign we are compliant with State law.
By California law you are allowed this exemption only if you homeschool. If your child attends public, charter or private school, the law requires immunizations. Ca Code of Reg. Title 17, Div.1 Chap.4 sub chap. 8. Signing that you are compliant relieves you of the burden to have to attach a copy of your attendee’s actual record.
WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS REGARDING FIRST AID OR SAFETY?
Feel free to contact the following people for more information.
First aid: Paula Buchan, RN // First Aid Supervisor // 909.389.4326
Safety: Donny Dix // Interim Manager of Recreation & Safety // 909.389.2493
WHERE ARE FORMS LOCATED?
On the home page you can scroll to the bottom and click the word FORMS. Then click on the word First Aid. All available first aid forms are located here.
WHO DO I TALK TO ABOUT AVAILABLE DATES FOR A CAMP /RETREAT? DO YOU HOST BANQUETS, FAMILY REUNIONS, ETC.?
If you are interested in having Forest Home host your church or group’s camp or retreat (or for questions about other kinds of events) please contact our Guest Group Reservations Team at 909.389.4404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE PROGRAM CAMP THEMES? ARE THERE RELATED SCRIPTURE VERSES? ETC.
Forest Home programmed camps and retreats are oriented around a scripture verse and accompanying theme. A camp or retreat you attend may find you on the high seas, trekking through a safari jungle, or celebrating Christmas in July! To learn and discover what theme your particular retreat has planned, find it on our main menu.
- ACCESSING AND MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
- How do I access my account?
- You can access your account on our website, www.foresthome.org. In the top right corner of the screen you will see the option of “login”, click on the word “login”. If you are registered for an event, you have an existing account. Enter your email address and password to log in. If you’ve never created an account before click “Create New Account” to get started.
- How do I reset my password?
- If you’ve forgotten your password, it is simple to reset it. If you are on our website, in the top right corner of the screen you will see the option of “login”, click on the word “login”. Under “Existing Account” You will see the option to reset your password. You will be asked to confirm your information, email address and security questions. This will allow you to reset your password. If you have followed the steps to reset your password and are still having trouble, you can contact our reservations team at 909-389-4488.
- How do I add a family member to my account?
- Please log into your CircuiTree registration account, you will be taken to “My Account Dashboard.” From there, you will click on “My Profile”. Click on “Manage Family”. To add a member to your family, click on “Add Member”. On the next page you will enter all the information for this new member of the family, and click “Continue”. You can now register for an event with this new member of your family.
- HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD FOR CAMP?
- How do I register my child with a group/church-The group leader will send out a link for you to follow to register your child. This will allow you to register your child in our system, while linking to your group’s roster. Contact your group leader for the link. Do not attempt to register directly from the Forest Home website.
- How do I register my child as an individual camper (not connected to a group)- Locate the camp event that you wish to register for by clicking on the Youth Camps tab in the tool bar at the top of the Forest Home Webpage. Select the desired event from the dropdown menu, and then scroll down the page to the week desired. Click on the register button, and follow the prompts to complete your registration. PLEASE NOTE: SELECT THE INDIVIDUAL CAMPER MALE OR FEMALE OPTION ONLY. Do NOT select the group camper option. If there is not an individual option visible, we are not hosting individuals for that particular week of camp. Please choose a different week or contact an associate for further assistance
- HOW DO I REGISTER A GROUP FOR CAMP?
- You can register your group directly on our website by selecting the age group and navigating to the specific camp you are interested in. Once you are there click on the Register button. This will then lead you into the registration process. If you do not have an existing account, the system will prompt you to create one.
- When you register your group it will request a 10% deposit from you. You can do this with a credit card directly on the website or you can request a check and send that to us.
- How do I access my account?
- Who should I contact regarding a specific camp?
- Please go to the specific camp landing page for this information. Links to these pages can be found in the drop down menus above.
- What are your Camper/counselor ratios?
- The Village 8:2
- Adventure Mountain 6:2
- Creekside (Jr. High only) 9:1
- Lakeview 8:1
- Children’s Winter Camp 6:2
- High Winter Camp 10:1
- High School Winter Camp 10:1
- What does Program Camp mean?
- Program Camp is when you would bring up your campers and counselors and attend an event that we are putting on. We bring in the staff and plan the entire event including speakers, band, activities, etc.
- What does Guest Conferences mean?
- Guest Conferences is when you come up to use our grounds to put on your own event. You are responsible for planning your event including your own speaker and band. We simply provide the facilities, amenities, and food.
- HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENTS ON MY RESERVATION?
- Making a payment to confirm a reservation
- Log into your account on our website. Once logged in you will see the “make a payment” option on your account dashboard. A new window will pop open, select the itinerary you would like to make a payment on and click on “make payment”. On the next page you will be able to see the total due, and the due date. You can choose the credit card you wish to use as well as view your statement.
- How do I set up or change a payment plan?
- Log into your account on our website. Once logged in you will see the “make a payment” option on your account dashboard. A new window will pop open, select the itinerary you would like to set up a payment plan on and click on “Schedule a Payment”. On the next screen you have the option to set up monthly payments on your itinerary. You will then need to select a credit card to use for these payments, and sign agreeing to the payments.
- When are final payments due?
- Depending on the event you are signed up for your final payment will be due at different times.
- For Family Camps– Deposits are due at the time of registration. 50% of payment is due by February 1, and the remaining 50% is due by May 1.
- For Individual campers of Children and Youth Camps– Deposits are due at the time of registration. The full balance is due no later than one month prior to the event.
- For groups attending Children and Youth Camps– Deposits are due within two weeks of registering. The full balance is due no later than two weeks prior to the event.
- For Adult or Parent Child Retreats– Deposits are due at the time of registration. The full balance is due no later than one month prior to the event.
- WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
- For Family Camps– All deposits are non-refundable. Any cancellation after February 1 forfeits all payment.
- For Individual Campers of Children and Youth Camps– All deposits are non-refundable. Any cancellation within 30 days of event forfeits all payment.
- For Groups attending Children and Youth Camps– Once the deposit is paid, you are financially responsible for all the spots that you signed up for and all deposits are non-refundable.
- For Adult or Parent Child Retreats– All deposits are non-refundable. Any cancellation within 30 days of event forfeits all payment.
- Making a payment to confirm a reservation
- HOW DO I CHOOSE MY HOUSING AND REQUEST ROOMMATES?
- Can I request a roommate?
- Yes you can!
- For Youth Camps, if your camper is attending with a church you will need to speak to them to request a roommate. If your camper is coming up as an individual camper (not with a church/group) then you can request a roommate through your CircuiTree account. Click here to see the step by step.
- Can I request a specific cabin?
- We always try to accommodate housing requests; however this is not always possible. The best way to request housing is by reaching out to your reservations associate so they can let you know which housing is available.
- Can I change housing?
- We are happy to help you change housing types as long as there is availability. To change housing types, reach out to your reservations associate so they can let you know which housing is available.
- Can I request a roommate?
- PACKING LIST
- What should I pack?
- SENDING MONEY TO CAMP
- Prepaid store cards
- Please note that store cards are for our Adventure Mountain and The Village campers currently.
- You will load funds onto your campers prepaid store card account and the camper will have access to these funds through the wristband that they will wear while at camp. To load funds onto this account, please log into your CircuiTree registration account, you will be taken to “My Account Dashboard.” Click on “View Itineraries” and then click on the Child’s name that you want to purchase a store card for. On the right hand side under balance, you will see “Store Account,” please click on that. You will be then taken to the Store Card area. The first section that you come to will prompt you to load funds onto the store account. It is recommended to load $20.00 but you can add any amount you wish. Just simply click on the “Amount to Add” box and change the amount as you desire. You can also choose to be notified when your campers balance gets low. Make sure to click the box next to “Yes, please send me notices” and choose the amount to be notified when balance gets lower than. On the right hand side, you can choose to donate your balance to Forest Home -or- you can request to be refunded. It is already selected on “Yes” to donate, but select “No” if you wish to be refunded.
- You can also see what your camper is spending their money on! This is the same page that you came to when you loaded money onto the store card. You will see a section that says “Activity.” This is the section where you will be able to see the current balance on the card as well as see what purchases your camper has made while they are with us. Balance left on the card will be on the right side of the screen. Under that, you will be able to reference the Date, Item Purchased and how much was spent on that item. To see exactly what was purchased, just click on the Invoice #.
- Please note that no cash will be accepted in our retail areas to make purchase. All purchases will be made through each child’s store card accounts. The last day to refill a store card is Thursday Morning. Last day of purchases will be Thursday evening.
- Sending cash with your camper
- Lakeview and Creekside Campers will use Cash only at their camp centers. Simply make sure to give them cash prior to checking them in to camp.
- If you forget to give them cash, not a problem! You can overnight money to them. Please send money to our address at 40,000 Valley of the Falls Drive, Forest Falls, CA 92339. Be sure to include your Camper’s Name, Camp Center that they are at, Church Name (if applicable) as well as the dates of their week at camp. We also have an ATM onsite and accept all major credit cards.
- How much should I send up or load onto the card?
- You can send any amount you wish but keep in mind that we have different souvenirs available. T-shirts are around $25.00. We also have other items under $20.00 and snacks under $5.00.
- Prepaid store cards
- HOW DO I ACCESS AND COMPLETE A HEALTH FORM?
- All medical forms for our programmed camps are located within your account.
- Click Here to learn how to fill out the Medical Form
- HOW DO I ACCESS AND COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
- Click on log in on the top right hand side of the Forest Home website.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on View Itineraries
- Then locate the specific itinerary you need to sign for and click on it to complete it and it will take you through confirming your spots and signing the terms and conditions.
- Also, when you log into your account if you still have terms and conditions to sign, there should be a notification on the top just above View Itineraries that says “you have terms and conditions to complete click here to complete.” You can click on that link and it will take you to the terms and conditions.
- HOW DO I SEND EMAILS TO MY CAMPER?
- How do I purchase an email pack?
- Please log into your CircuiTree registration account, you will be taken to “My Account Dashboard.” Click on “View Itineraries” and then click on the child’s name that you want to be able to send camp emails to. The next screen you will see “Camp Services” and under that you will see “Send Emails.” Please click on “Select a Service.” We offer packages of 3 emails for $3.00, 5 emails for $5.00 and unlimited emails for $10.00.
- How do I send an email pack? Deadlines for doing so.
- Once you purchase your email package, you will be able to go to the same page each time to send an email to your child. You will just click on “Send an Email” each time. Please keep in mind that emails are printed and handed out daily at lunch time. The last day to send an email is Thursday morning. No emails will be handed out on Friday.
- How do I give other people permission to email my camper? (Grandparents, siblings, etc.)
- You can also give permission for family members to send emails through your purchased email package. To do so, on the main Attendee Email page, click on “Add/remove friends and family.” From there, you will enter the email address of the person and click “Add.” They will be sent an email with instructions on how to log in and send an email to your camper. Please note that they will need to keep that email! They will click on that email each time, to take them to the log in page to send an email.
- How do I purchase an email pack?
- HOW DO I SEND LETTERS OR PACKAGES TO CAMP FOR MY CHILD?
- Yes! You can mail packages and letters to your camper, while they are staying with us. When filling out the shipping information prior to mailing anything to Forest Home, please know the camp center that your camper is attending as well as dates of camp. We encourage sending packages priority mail or prior to their attendance at camp, that way they can get their package while they are with us.
Our address is:
40,000 Valley of the Falls Drive
Forest Falls, California 92339
When filling out the information, please fill out similar to our example:
40,000 Valley of the Falls Drive
Forest Falls, CA 92339
To: Camper Name
Camp Center and Date
- Another option is to give your Child’s package to the Camp Director at check-in. And then the Director can give it to them during the week.
- HOW DO I ACCESS AND PURCHASE CAMP PHOTOS?
- Please log into your CircuiTree registration account. Click “View Itineraries” and then click on the camper’s name that you wish to access photos of. You will be taken to the Camp Services page. Click on “View Photos” and proceed. You can scroll through all of the photos and look for your camper.
- There are no options to purchase physical photos through Forest Home like in the past. All photos, including camp center group photos, can be accessed and downloaded through the “View Photos” option. Downloading these photos are completely free.
- CAN I VISIT MY CHILD AT CAMP?
- As part of our child safety plan, we have a closed camp policy, and require ALL adults on campus to be background checked prior to arriving at camp. For this reason, we do not allow visits during camp. The safety of your child is our number one priority. We will do everything possible to ensure that they have a safe, positive, experience while they are here at camp.